Wow over 160, 000 visitors this year! Myself and Laura are made up to be celebrating the success of Number Loving in its first year!
Our Top Ten Posts
1) Mathematical Fortune Tellers; using this childhood game to practice Maths
2) Do or Die with Dice; Many games to play with dice, my favourite practising place value by playing Nasty.
3) Nets to Catch Angry Birds; Studying nets, volume or surface area by making these 3D shapes in the form of angry birds.
4) Treasure Hunts; Get pupils up and out of there seats
5) Pimp your classroom; Looking for inspiration then look no further for ideas on interactive displays
6) The Author; here I am, I have worked hard to build up our website and appreciate all the great feedback I have received! Laura Rees-Hughes also co-authored NumberLoving from 2012 to 2016.
7) Maths Top Trumps and Other Games; The Top trumps, one of most successful resources for spicing up practising a skill.
8) Numeracy Coordinator Making the Role Count; Our ideas on how to successfully build the numeracy role and raise the profile of numeracy in your school.
9) Dance Maths; Every department needs a set of numbered dance mats, great for plenary or even open evening.
10) Cooperative Learning; Tools and resources; Ideas and resources built around the Kagan approach to cooperative learning.
Here are some of favourite posts that haven’t made the top ten but are definitely worthy of a mention;
1) Tick or Trash; Our latest resources added to the store, tick one answer and trash the other.
2) Outdoor Learning; Using the school building and trigonometry skills out and about the school site.
3) Teaching Loci; Using outside spaces and the pupils themselves to teach loci
Get in touch @numberloving and check out our free and premium resources in our NumberLoving Store.
Happy birthday to you! Congrats on your first year and thank you for all the wonderful resources! We need some properties of 1! http://www.numbergossip.com/1