Pupils not only need to know how to complete the four transformations; translation, enlargement, reflection and rotation; but they also need to be able to describe transformations that have already been completed on shapes. There are five revision foldables, each foldable requires students to describe the shown transformation that maps the black shape to the grey shaded shape. The five foldables are;
- Describing transformations; this includes one of each of the four transformations; translation, enlargement, reflection and rotation.
- Describing reflections; pupils need to describe fully the four reflections including axis reflections and reflection in a diagonal line
- Describing rotations; pupils need to describe fully the four rotations.
- Describing translations; pupils need to describe fully the four translations.
- Describing transformations; pupils need to describe fully the four enlargements, including a positive , fractional and two negative scale factors.
Foldables can be used as a revision or summary exercise at the end of a topic. As the answers are hidden pupils can use these to ‘test’ themselves or ask someone else such as a parent to test them.
When downoaded there will be two different size versions; A4 for UK printers and US letter size. Please print from the one most appropriate following the printing instructions.
All our resources come complete with instructions, solutions where appropriate and ideas to stretch and support pupils. Check out www.numberloving.co.uk for more ideas and resources like this. We hope you enjoy using this resource with your students, we would love to hear how it went, please leave a review. Get in touch via the links below.
For the use of the purchaser only, see full terms and conditions.
There are no reviews yet.