This resource covers the topic of ratio, including sharing a given amount and given partial information such as person B receives x more etc. Test your students’ ability to spot mistakes and develop their understanding with this activity. Pupils are given two different answers to a question and they have to determine which is correct. They then have to explain what misconception has led to the incorrect answer. There are four tick or trash worksheets and one independent worksheet task.
- Worksheet A: This has 10 tick or trash questions on sharing amounts in two and three part ratios.
- Worksheet B: this has 10 tick or trash questions on ratios where the original amount is not known and instead told what one element of the ratio is worth.
- Worksheet C: this has 10 tick or trash questions on ratios where the original amount is not known and instead were told more or less information.
- Worksheet D: This has 5 questions with a mixture of above.
- Worksheet E: This is an independent task worksheet with four questions for pupils to solve.
All our resources come complete with instructions, solutions where appropriate and ideas to stretch and support pupils. Check out www.numberloving.com for more ideas and resources like this. We hope you enjoy using this resource with your students, we would love to hear how it went, please leave a review. Get in touch via the links below.
For the use of the purchaser only, see full terms and conditions.